© SBMA 2022 – all rights reserved
Voluntary benefits plans are an important part of employee insurance opportunities. Among these voluntary benefits, vision and dental insurance are an important part of employees’ voluntary benefit plans. How can vision and dental plans add value to your employees’ wellbeing? Here are a few ways:
- Vision exams identify future problems: They can detect things like eyestrain, diabetes, and even high blood pressure. They can also identify common eye issues and diseases.
- Cost savings: According to the National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research eye disease, vision loss, and eye disorders cost the U.S Economy $68 billion per year.
- Increase productivity: The vision council reported that eye care delivers $7,800 in more productivity per employee.
- Dentists can identify diseases: Dentists have the ability to identify over 120 diseases. This can help your employee long-term health with potential early detection
- Young employees likely don’t have dental coverage: The American Dental Association states that millennials have untreated tooth decay. The main reasons for this issue are cost convenience and confusion surrounding dental care.
- Those with dental coverage are more likely to use it: As more people offer dental insurance the number of adults who miss work for oral health-related issues dropped 7%.
At SBMA, we provide voluntary benefits that employees love. To learn more about our voluntary benefits programs, contact us today!